BACHELOR OF COMMERCE COURSE: FYBCOM
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the three year degree course leading to the Bachelor of Commerce must have passed the H.S.C. (Std.XII) examination conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
Must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) examination with vocational subjects/ minimum competency based vocational course conducted by the different Divisional Boards of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
Must have passed the examination of any other University or Body recognized as equivalent to Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) Examination.
NO ENTRANCE TEST IS CONDUCTED BY THE COLLEGE FOR ADMISSION TO ANY OF THE ABOVE COURSES.
PRE ADMISSION ONLINE ENROLMENT FORM REGISTRATION AT UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI WEBSITE
1.Please install Microsoft Silverlight on your computer, if you are using Windows Operating System 7 or lower version. The software is also available for free download on the University website http://mum.digitaluniversity.ac
2.Please go through the prospectus of the college to know about the courses and/or subject combination(s) offered by the college, rules, regulations etc. before you fill the PRE -ADMISSION ONLINE ENROLMENT FORM.
3.One form can be used to apply for multiple courses i.e. more than one course and multiple colleges for every course i.e. the applicant can fill one form to opt for more than one course like B.Com., B.M.S., B.Sc. – IT etc. in more than one college for every course .
4. Applicants are requested to keep the following information material ready before they start filling the forms
a. Photocopy of the mark-sheet of the SSC / X Std and HSC / XII Std. of its equivalent examinations
b. Scanned copy of the Photograph AGAINST WHITE BACKGROUNG ONLY of max. 80 x 107 pixels size and max. file size of 10 KB
c. Scanned copy of the Signature of max. 80 x 35 pixels size and max. file size of 10 KB.
d. Photocopy of any other certificate/s as required.
e. Valid e -mail id and mobile phone number for receiving mails and SMS from the University of Mumbai regarding the status of the application form.
f. Internet Connection with Internet Explorer ver.7.0 or higher.
5. Now log on to the University of Mumbai website http://mum.digitaluniversity.ac. Click on t.he link “ Pre Admission Online Registration” (available on the row below University of Mumbai on the home page).
6. The first screen seeks confirmation from the applicant that he has all the necessary documents ready. On confirmation, the applicant moves to the second screen. Click on “ Proceed” button.
7. The next screen i.e. the third screen , is the registration page where the candidate is required to enter The applicants name as it appears in the mark sheet of HSC (or Its equivalent) examination, Gender, date of birth of the applicant and the Mobile Number and email -id on which the candidate wishes to receive communications from the University. Click on “Register” after ensuring that the information provided is correct and true.
8. The student will get a login id and four digit alpha-numeric codes on submission of the form.
9. The applicant will be required to verify his/her registration and then change the password.
10. The applicant will log to the website and start filling the form by uploading his photograph and signature and enter the personal details, contact details and educational qualifications.
11. The applicant is required to take a printout of the e-Suvidha Kit and enter the confirmation code in the system and select and upload the documents he/her wishes to upload based on the requirement.
12. The applicant selects the college/s and course/s offered by the college/s. Applicant can opt for more than one college and/or one or more than one courses offered by the colleges from amongst the colleges selected and after verification submit the form. Once the form is submitted the student will NOT be able to make any correction in the form.
13. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE University pre-enrolment form WILL BE SEPARATELY FOR EVERY COLLEGE AND FOR EVERY
COURSE OPTED BY THE STUDENT.
14.Print the e -Suvidha ticket and note the Application Number generated and printed on the e-Suvidha ticket. The Application number will be generated only after printing the e -Suvidha ticket.
15.Enter the application number generated on the e-Suvidha ticket on your application form and complete the process.
16. The student is then required to take the hardcopy of the uploaded “Pre Admission Online Form” and submit the
copy of the form to college/s, which he has opted for. The student is required to submit TWO COPIES of the “College Copy” to the college concerned.
17.University of Mumbai has instructed the colleges NOT TO GRANT admission to any student who has not registered himself/herself on the university website
ONLINE ADMISSION PROCESS (2021-22)
A. Applicants who have passed their HSC or equivalent examinations from other than Maharashtra Board must apply for Provisional Statement of Eligibility. Provisional Statement of Eligibility is course- specific and the applicant will have to procure separate provisional statement of eligibility for each course that he/she wishes to apply for, at the time of admission.
B. Students who have passed the qualifying examination from IB/any other foreign Board will be required to obtain a Prima facie eligibility letter from Eligibility Section of University of Mumbai at Kalina – Santacruz before they submit the application form.
C. Applicants who have passed the HSC or equivalent examination with grades are requested to get their grades converted to marks or obtain the equivalence of the grades obtained in terms of marks from their boards before they fill the application form.
D. Foreign/NRI/PIO category students should have in addition to above documents – Original Prima facie eligibility letter, copy of Passport with a valid student’s Visa, FRRO clearance from special branch II CID, Mumbai / letter from Indian Embassy abroad.
E. Letter from Indian Embassy Abroad (for NRI students only).
F. Applicants can fill the on-line form from his/her residence or cyber café
ADMISSION PROCESS (2021-22)
AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION, THE APPLICANT IS REQUIRED TO REMAIN PRESENT IN-PERSON ALONG WITH PARENT OR
GUARDIAN AND SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN ORIGINAL AND TWO PHOTO COPIES OF:
H.S.C. Mark-sheet and H.S.C. Leaving Certificate (original + 2 attested copies.)
Students claiming reservation under specific category should have necessary document and proof as per government norms.
Hindi Speaking (Linguistic minority) proof /Caste Certificate (if applicable)
Provisional Statement of Eligibility.(wherever applicable) Prima facie eligibility letter (wherever applicable)
Any other certificate as applicable, (w.r.t. name of the student)
Hindi Minority Proof (any one of following document)
i. Vasti Patrah with the name of the applicant and family members.
ii. SSC Marksheet of the applicant showing Hindi as language opted.
iii. SSC Marksheet of Parent with Higher Level Hindi.
iv. Certificate of caste on the letter head having registration no. of the society.
v. If mother is Hindi her marriage certificate is the additional proof required.
Fees should be paid by Cash or DD or Pay Order or Cheque or Debit Card as follows:-
a. To be drawn in favour of- “Oriental College of Commerce and Management”
b. Students failing to secure admission by paying the fees within the stipulated time will lose their claim for admission.
c. In case, the student has any difficulty he/she is requested to contact office.
d. Applicants are required to note that in case if the information provided by them is incomplete or has any discrepancy or in case of situations where conversion of grades to marks is to be incorporated and if there is any discrepancy or difference, the admission of such candidates will be cancelled and the decision of the College Authorities will be final and binding on the applicant.
e. All admission are provisional to verification of the original documents and confirmation of enrolment & eligibility by University of Mumbai. Incomplete forms will be rejected.